- KEG OF SHOES
- 100 pounds of shoes. From the days when horseshoes were sold in small wooden kegs that contained 100 pounds of shoes.
- KEG SHOE
- A conventional, no rx factory made horseshoe.
- [Greek keratos, sale horn]: The tough protein component in horn, hair, skin, and hooves.
- A tumor of the horny laminae. Often seen as an inward distortion of the white line. a.k.a.: Keraphyllocele.
- KNEE HITTING
- Interference in which the fore hoof strikes the inside of the knee of the opposite limb. Called speedy cutting in some texts circa 1900. a.k.a.: Knee Knocking.
- KNOCK KNEES
- See: Carpus valgus.